Who links to me?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

#58

I am sitting at my desk at work, recovering from an email that my brother just sent me.
Stevie Castner is dead, killed in Iraq, one week after arriving there. He is the 58th Wisconsinite to be killed in the war.

Stevie was my math teacher, Kay's son. He was three years younger than us, but Kay was our math teacher, our homeroom teacher, our yearbook advisor. I had a tremendous relationship with her for all three years that I was in high school. I came to know Stevie in a playful relationship--we teased him and joked with him--and he hung around constantly. He was their only child.

And now he is dead. And his parents don't have a child anymore.
This makes me unbeleivably sad. Read on if you want to have a personal reason why I support the troops but think they should be home, safe, now.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=475964

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home