Who links to me?

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Catching up, anfter negleting this too long...

I've been too busy to even consieder blogging these past few weeks, but I have had several comments by people that I didn't even know were readers of the like, "what is going on, you're not blogging anymore!" I have been meaning to really. Just. So. Busy.

I'll just do some quick bulletpoints. I have a life that is crammed right now. Crammed with work, with kids and with lots of fun. I have to say that I feel like I am perpetually tired. But. There are only three months of summer. Must fit everything in, before we have to hunker down in the cold.

First, there is no house news. People keep asking and it really nice that so many people care. But we have nothing new to say, except we are frustrated. I am worried that the girls will be back in Milwaukee Public schools and I am worried that we will own two houses forever. There is nothing more that we can do about it, and I heard this morning on the news that the Fed is going to start lowering interest rates again. That news was heartening. Maybe more people will be back in the market!

I recently (end of June) aquired my mom's treadmill and in two and half weeks, have racked up almost 20 miles on that sucker. I hate running, but when I finish my 2 mile work-out I feel strong, healthy and like I am not as pathetic as I say I am. Since the heat wave started last week I have avoided the treadmill and have tried to just stay cool, but there was a massive storm last night and it is cool. So. I will try and get out of the office early so that I can run again.

Last weekend we had the thrilling adventure of going out on Mike's brother Tom and sister-in-law Lynn's boat. It is a gorgeous craft that has a lower cabin that sleeps eight, has a small kitchen area, a bathroom and seating upstairs on the open deck. Tom was kind enough (and tolerant enough) to take us all out for an evening of chasing waves. At one point he shut the engine down and my soon-to-be brother-in-law Todd and I jumped in to swim. The water was gorgeous and clear and perfect. It made me want a boat that I could take out every warm day and hop in our massive lake. We were out maybe several miles (???) and it felt like there was no one else on the water. Lovely.

That same day Mike accidently poked me in the eye trying to help me tie on a halter dress. It bothered me all day and hurt like hell and so, the next day we ended at the eye doctor in lieu of going on our day trip canoeing. Glad we did, I had a badly scratched corneia (which has healed fine) and they fitted me with a contact band-aid. (Very cool, didn't know that they made band-aids for eyes) gave me some drops and sent me on my way. Mike felt (and still feels) awful, but it really wasn't a big deal, just another interesting episode in the category of "weird things happen to Kristen" category. There is a 50/50 chance that the cornea will re-tear in the next month or so, but I am confidant that won't happen, and well, if it does, it does.

My family continues to be interesting. More on that subject when I am allowed to write about it. At the moment I can say that I never saw this one coming and I am terribly excited about it. No one is pregnant, but the family may be growing. Again, I'll ellaborate as I can.

Two weeks ago Jenica and finace Drew were in town for her bridal shower (holy shit, that was already two weeks ago??) We had a lovely, although brief, time together. I got to FINALLY meet Tamara and Saranne who are adorable and perfect to the way that I imagined them. We visited with Chistian and Tim (always interesting) and Mike got introduced to the Rockford contingency and my cousin Jeanie and husband Ed. I scored a peice of Ed's art and he is making a garden scupture for our wedding present! I only wish life wasn't so far removed from people that I love--and wish that moments like that Saturday could last longer. Ahh, the realization that time stops for no one. Age I think.

Ok, I have blabbed enough for the moment. I am at the office and facing a dissaster of a desk. I am now working to help two state-wide campaigns (Attorney General and Lt. Gov.) in addition to my regular work. I see the 12 hour days and 60+ hour weeks approaching quickly and wonder if I can handle this? I have positioned myself really well in this job, I now sit on four boards or adivory tables of organizations, work with candidates and still have to raise almost a quarter of a million dollars in the next 12 months. I just wonder if I can deliver. But. In order to do that I need to shut down the blog and move along.

The upshot is that Mike and I are going cabining (not camping) this weekend in Door County. We're going here. We're staying in a delux cabin with a kitchen and shower (in my mind cheating) but will have the luxury of a fire pit and wooded site. I am slowly working Mike into wanting to try camping. He will get there...just not this year!

There you have it.

It's beeen a hectic month of June. And it doesn't look like it is getting any quieter in the next weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home