Who links to me?

Monday, June 05, 2006

Vacation = Over = Sad

We returned yesterday evening from our wonderful getaway, long weekend. It was fabulous. Wonderful. We need more long, get away weekends! We highly recommend them. And, I promise, there will be pictures to come as well...Mike and I took about 300 photos of the weekend.

We left Wednesday night after softball (in a game where we won 25-2, making us still undefeatead for the year, a game in which even I got a hit!). We drove all night to Sandusky, Ohio, which in case you care, is about one hour east of Cleveland. We found a hotel at about 6am and checked in for some power sleep. Afterall, there were giant roller coasters waiting for us in the morning.

We spent all day Thursday riding the rides...our favorite was a ride which you take off at 120 mph and shoot up 420 ft at a 90 degree angle and then come shooting back down 420 feet at the same 90 degree angel! It was awesomen. Go here for a complete viewing of rides that Mike and I rode. We highly recommend Cedar Point, but we would guess that the summer months might get jammed. We picked a perfect day with ovcast skies and never waited more than 20 minutes to ride the good rides. It was awesome. The learning of the day was that we are old. We felt beat up by the rides. Some were even mean to us. On several occasions we thought we felt stabbing pain and gut-punching going on, but it was jut the rides. Proof that youth doesn't last forever. How sad.

Friday morning we hit the road and road and drove another hour and a half to Canton, home of the NFL Hall of Fame. I was particularily excited about seeing the Hall. And, I have to admit that I shed a few tears when we entered the room where all the Legends busts are housed. It was pretty impressive. We also took about 50 photos...some of Mike and I goofing around. We learned a lot about the history of the game, saw neat artifacts and films, and decided that we should be hired as consultants to the Hall. There were things that could have been done better and we thought we had the right attitude and skills to make the Hall even that much better of an expereince...I am working (seriously) on drafing a letter to several African American leaders to help fund an additional wing/room/exhibit to honor some of the Pioneers of the Game. Currently the Pioneers are housed in a rinky-dink exhibit in the hall way, disturbing to me. Mike could be used to update and streamline the statistics and the data on all the enshrined players. They didn't have a uniformed system in place and I think that he is just the guy to bring the Hall up to par!

Friday night we drove into Cleveland and found ourselves a hotel within walking distance of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We spent Saturday touring the exhibits, taking more photos, and again, thinking of interesting jobs that we could get at the R & R Hall. There was a special Bob Dylan exhibit that I found of particular interest, as I did the early gosphel days. Glad to see that Buddy Guy was in the Hall of Fame. I'm gald we made the trip...

Friday night we dined at a way swank restaurant. "The best place in Cleveland to be seen." We dressed up and had fabulous food and wine and warm chocolate cake. It was wonderful.

And, here I am, back at work. Preparing for an event tonight. Wishing that I was on the road again. Mike and I proved that we travel very well together. No bickering or fighting. :-) And, as soon as I get the photos I will send them, they are wonderful. And hilarious. Especially the one we bought at Cedar Point of us in the roller coaster as we took off at 120 mph. Amazing speed.

Amazing weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home