Who links to me?

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cheers/Jeers

In the Cheers Category:
  • We won our softball game last night. A fabulous come-from-behind win!
  • My college roommate Sara is in town and we stayed up late catching up on life; we'll do it again tonight!
  • Guacamole. (Left-over from my Monday event)
  • Black polk-a-dot skirt plus sunshine.
  • Beer. Having three pints after playing outside and the official welcoming in of the season, hey guys, summer is here!
  • Pansies. I have two giant containers on my front porch. They haven't died and are still blooming a magnificant purple. Flowers = Cheerful.
  • I have done 100 situps every day for 10 days straight.

In the Jeers Category:

  • I am not sure I have noticed any results of the 100 situps-per-day. What gives?
  • I missed the only ball that was hit to me in the outfield last night; it hit me squarely on the inside of my wrist (holy shit it hurt) and is a lovely pinkins/purplish color today.
  • Our offer on the house got rejected. We got rejected. I'm so hurt. (In reality, the sellers are looking for an offer with no contingency of sale).
  • We still haven't sold a house. Two gorgeous houses, no buyers. I am puzzled. Impatient and puzzled.
  • I ate a 1200 calorie icecream sundae yesterday...I was doing so well in the willpower category. It was good, but NOT worth it.

Overall, I think the cheers are still winning. It is amazing what warm weather does for the soul. This may be my favorite time of year (although I will say that agin in the fall). The greens are plush, there are pretty flowers everywhere, shorts are appropriate. Kids can run outside. Moms can run outside. And I can drink beer again. Ahhhhh yes, summer is here. That may be the best cheer of them all!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home