Who links to me?

Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm sore from head to toe.

And I hate Mondays.
But I feel like I whine about that enough.

Friday I came home from work and decided that "oh, no summer's coming and I will be wearing less clothes." So, I hauled out a box of summer stuff, including swimsuits and tried them on in front of a full length mirror. Not awful, the clothes still fit, BUT...I would look so much better if I lost 15 pounds and had nice muscles. I then did 100 sit ups in various ways and 6 different excercises with hand weights to try and make my arms, shoulders and back buff.

Saturday morning came and I hurt. But we had softball prcatice (*note, since I no longer have regular night meeting I have committed to playing on two different softball teams--and haven't played on a team since I was 25). Practice was fine, we took batting practice and shagged balls, but that was it. It wasn't a killer practice. But I was still sore.

Sunday came and my body was aching. And we had football. I always hurt after football, but Sunday was a whole different hurt.

After football Mike and I went back to his house and did home-improvement projects. We scraped and sanded the garage door and side door. We scraped and sanded the entire roof of the sunroom. We painted everything. And we laid a linoleum floor in the sunroom. Everything looks great...but Mike and I finally had been defeated. Every muscle in my body was sore. I spent Sunday night soaking in the hottest water my bath could produce. And it didn't help.

Today I feel like I have been run over by a truck. My arms hurt. My back is sore. And I am limping rather than walking. But it was fun, productive, and maybe even will make my body look better in a bathing suit. And, starting in May I will be playing sports 6 days in a row: Tuesday and Wednesday are softball nights, Thursday and Friday are Volleyball nights, Saturday is softball practice and Sunday is pick-up football. Hence, I guess I will have to accept the fact that limpling will be part of my Monday routine.

I used to be able to play sports constantly without this much pain. I guess I have to face it. There is truth in what everyone has always told me about "getting older." I thought they were whiners. Now I am the one doing the whining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home