Who links to me?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lunch.

I just had my infamous lunch.
And it went very well...I had my moxy and I used it to chat up the room.

We actually met and then went to the Downtown*Rotary Club lunch where the Lt. Gov was making a presentation about the state of women in WI's economy.

But. I have definitely been handed the keys to the kingdom. Today I was one of 300 of who's who in the Milwaukee area--it is the white boys club for sure. The power brokers. The suits.

Out of 300+ people there I counted less than 30 women. There were less than 10 people of color. And I was absolutely the youngest. No question about that. And boy did I use that to my advantage.

In my 3" heels I'm over 6'. I am blonde. It's hard to miss me in a room filled with grey hair and mathcing suits. I introduced myself to key people. I reitroduced myself to men that had been allies when I ran for school board. I chatted up the women. It was kinda fun.

More and more I see this amazing opportunity. One of the women I introduced myself to said, "Oh, you're Kristen*Rogers, I've heard you're so good you walk on water. We can't wait to see what you do with your organization." I know I was beaming to hear that comment. My reputation is that I walk on water...

Now I just have to learn how to actually do it. *sigh*
No pressure or anything. No, none at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home