Who links to me?

Monday, March 27, 2006

"Would the real life of Kristen*Rogers please stand up??"

I just ran out and grabbed coffee and a bagel for lunch. (I ate way too much this weekend so I'm making an effort to not eat so much).

So, instead of running right back to my office I thought I might take a break from strategic thinking and budget analysis. Instead I am thinking about how insanely happy I am right now.
I know, I'm being gushy, but I am. Insanely happy at the moment.

Some of you know that my life for the first thirty years has not been the easiest. I have definitely wondered if I did something seriously wrong in a past life that would warrant such hardship and tragedy. I have always had moments and conversations with God that go something like, "Please, stop now. I can't take anymore things going wrong..." Or just plain, "Why me?? Why ANOTHER thing?" And the huge amount of "things" that started piling up from, well, ever since I can remember have left me very cynical. I know that I had truly given up any hope for the "life I always wanted." Especially in the past two years. I had become a dues paying member of the Nothing Good Will Ever Happen To Me Club. It wasn't a fun club.

But, I have officially stopped paying dues and asked them to take me off their mailing list.

Last night as I drank my chamomile tea and sat in my chair I was thinking different thoughts.
And I surprised myself. I was genuinely happy about my life. I had spent the day with Mike's family and had a wonderful time. I had my farewell event on Saturday and had raised $8,000 in one brunch. I had just tucked in my gorgeous daughters.

And it hit me. I now have the life I want. It isn't an idea any more; its real. It's happening. I am madly in love with the perfect man--who, ironically, loves me in return. I have the job that I have always wanted and the potential for a political future that I have dreamed about. And my kids are amazing and make me so very proud. So, there I sat, sipping my tea and crying. Not because I am one iota sad--rather because I can hardly believe that this is my life. That I have everything that I could possibly want right now.

Me.

So thank you. All of you. Thank you to my friends who haven't given up on me; you have supported me through so much hard stuff. Thank you to my family--because even though we're an insane group--I love each one of you. Thank you to my kids for making it all worth while. And Mike. Thank you for answering my email -- and for wanting it all too.

I am insanely happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home