Who links to me?

Friday, March 17, 2006

Ahoy, weekend ahead.

Actually it is Friday night, St. Patrick's Day. Most of the world is out getting drunk. I am sitting at home sipping tea. Sort of exhausted, but enjoying my xm radio...just listened to Dead Milkmen and The Strokes in a row (cool!).

Grace's birthday party was tonight...it was (mostly) a hit. There were 8 kids and four adults when all was said and done. We took them to dinner at their dad's restaurant/bar (on St. Patrick's Day, not the brightest idea ever)--but they had a great time. Then back to the house for cake and Harry Potter. The highlight of the night, I think, were the "Bernie Bott's Beans" (or something to that effect). These are jelly beans that taste like horrible things and apparently have something to do with Harry Potter...all I know is that I spent $19.56 on jelly beans (for about 8 small boxes) and they had flavors such as earwax, vomit, rotten egg, etc. I ate soap, dirt and black pepper flavored jelly beans. YUCK. They were very life-like. Awful. But the girls thought they were awesome and I am fairly certain they are taking some of the vomit flavored beans to school for some of the boys that pick on them. Revenge, it is a good thing. But mom is thrilled that there was no sleep over, that all the kids have been returned to their rightful owners and mine are asleep.

Now, I have to add that while we were out having dinner there was a showing of the house. The first official showing!!! (Today was the first day that I was allowing real showings, so I am anxiously awaiting feedback)!!! And yes, I do know that agreeing to show your house while their is a birthday party going on is truly insane, but hey. This is me, right????

Tomorrow will be action packed: football and then a party here tomorrow night with the football/softball gang and some of my siblings. I have a plot to set my youngest sister up with one of Mike's friends...so we'll see how that pans out.

Sunday we're going to see Coldplay...I just bought the tickets online (which is what I am doing still on the Internet at this time of night). I am psyched...good lower-level seats that I was able to buy on ebay at a great price. It helps that the show isn't completely sold out.

Ok, now I need sleep. The headache wasn't bad today-so I feel better. I just hope that it holds up through the weekend....

And maybe, just maybe there will be an offer on the house in the next few days.....
Or else I am just too optimistic that this will be a fast process!

G'Night all you Irish Drunks and wanna-bees.

(oh, and how awesome, White Stripes just came on....I love them!!!! Not going to bed yet. I am going to hop onto itunes and grab myself some of the music that I heard tonight! Have I said that I love, love, love itunes and my ipod?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home