Who links to me?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My dual personalities...Who wins?

My house has never, ever been this clean. Except maybe before my family lived here. It is sparkley today. I stayed up late cleaning and woke at 5:30 this morning to finish...It was worth every moment. Donna (the most awesome realtor ever) held a realtor lunch thing today, so I am eagerly awaiting feedback. But she said she was amazed at how sparkley it was. She was also surprised to see me in a work-suit...heh. Actually the first words out of her mouth when she saw me were, "Oh wow, you look great." And my response was something like, "Oh yeah, you've never actually seen me in my work suits. It was just another reminder that people who don't meet me initially through work meet the relaxed girl in jeans and messy hair.

Contrast that to my 2 hour meeting today. The Asst. To the Bishop called me into the coalition meeting with about 25 pastors to agitate (kick their clergy asses) about their relationship and attitudes about money and financial stewardship. They would have a hard time envisioning me as a laid back girl in jeans...They see me as an intense professional who is assertive, bold and wears black suits and stiletto heels.

My two alter egos....
The girl who plays football and gets muddy with messy hair V.. The hyper-professional who stomps around in heels and is not at all laid back.

Who wins?

I often would love for the people who know the girl in jeans to meet the professional, bitch in a suit. I frequently say to Mike that it is probably for the better that he has never seen me do training or take on authority. He might be totally freaked out!

Personally I like the fact that I get to nurture both personalities in my life. It is so fun. And leaves me with lots of great wardrobe choices....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home