Who links to me?

Friday, March 03, 2006

Knock, knock, knock!

So, I am sitting at my table, minding my own business...
drinking earl grey tea-working on a work-realted report, when there is
INTENSE pounding on my door.

I get up to meet a cop. He's a nice cop, but he is there to tell met that a witness saw me sideswipe a police car this morning at my kid's school and drive away.

So, was I at French Immersion School this morning?
Yes.
Did I do a hit and run on an officer?
No.

The report says that witnesses saw me (an alleged black woman) get out of my car, look at the damaged cop car and drive away.

Obviously I am not black.

I told the officer the truth about my suspected involvement.
I did drive around the cop car this morning because it was parked in the drop off lane.
I may have bumped the side-window (at most) but didn't notice that I did.

He asked me about 5 times if I was covering for a friend of mine.
Ah. No. I have no black female friends that would drive Margaret to school.

So, at the present moment there are FOUR squad cars outside.
They are taking pictures. Reviewing my license. Trying to locate the alleged witness.
I think that they beleive my innocence.
I hope they beleive my innocence.

And if not, I'll be calling someone to bail me out of jail.
I know that I didn't do this, but I am still sweating bullets.
And I am sure all the neighbors are freaking out and assuming that I am a criminal.

Could my Friday BE ANY WORSE????

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenica said...

Omigod!

This week has been INSANE.

INSANE.

Also, they might have noticed that you've got long blonde hair, and couldn't look any more nordic if you tried... which would sort of negate the whole 'eye witness' bit. ;)

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home