Who links to me?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Life changes, never stops I guess!

My life is again about to change.
It never stops.
Not that I am complaining, however...I have to say that I am thoroughly looking forward to stability (real, potentially permanent stability).

First big announcement:
I am leaving my job. I resigned yesterday. I am moving to the other side of the political arena, to work on the electoral side of things. I will have further conversations tomorrow with my future employers. But, I am the new (and first ever) Executive Director of a political organization committed to electing women. I'm psyched. A major bit terrified. But totally happy and thrilled.

Second life change:
My house is going on the market. Hoefully it will sell by the end of the spring. Hopefully I will gain a substantial chunk of money to use on a downpayment of some future home. But in the meantime it feels good to take a step. This does not mean that I have any idea where I will live after my house sells, probably find a nice apartment and see how things go. But, I have committed to moving into the suburbs before Grace enters 6th grade. Which is about 18 months from now.

So. More changes. In the right direction.
I'm going to be in turmoil for awhile. There is no way around that.
But, maybe there will be some stability in my life in a way that I have been longing for.
Maybe the happily ever after scenerio is closer than I think.
I am starting to believe that my destiny isn't just about suffering, pain, and misery.

A new job...a potential polical future...and moving to a place where I can make a real home.
Permanacy? Me?

I'd like to think all things are possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Ok, I admit, the "suffering, pain and misery" was a bit overstated!
But it is nice to have things to look forward to. And I couldn't be happier about the whole job scenerio!

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home