Who links to me?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

February 14th

It's so nice to have a Valentine.
It's so nice to be in love.

That's as sappy as I am going to get here. :)
I'm listening to Beck on itunes...does everyone know how much Beck rules???

Ok, back to the update:
Life in the city moves along.
I am preparing to leave town for about 12 days--not terribly excited about it. But I will be doing LOADS of training (which I love and which I am brilliant at) so that makes up for being gone for days on end. First stop, Texas. Second stop, Chicago.

The weekend was amazing--hard to beleive that another week is gone and that February has almost bit the dust.
Friday night Mike and I had a fancy dinner--I even wore a dress (gasp). It was probably the best meal that I have had in a long, long time. We shared a crab cake appetizer, I had asparagus bisque, and crisp skate wing with delicious vegetables and then we shared a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake. It was outstanding. Then we went and hung out at my mom's house with my crazy sister Katie.
Saturday we took the girls on another marathon outing...first to the batting cages where they swung and attempted to hit balls. Margaret got hit by a pitch and has a lovely bruise! Then to Fudrucker's for giant burgers and milkshakes. And to Chuck E. Cheese for some competitive gaming...actually Mike and I wanted to see who could shoot better at the basketball thingy. And since I am a wee bit competitive, well....we had to go. Officially we each won one game. We'll go back and settle the score at some point! Then, if all of that wasn't enough...we went bowling. Again, Mike and I tied one game a piece.

The marathon day with children and it was time to get ready for our evening outings.
I dressed up in my slightly punk attire (new sweatshirt with awesome skull logo and leather jacket) for our NIN concert. We went with my friends Erich and Sue (who graciously cooked for us beforehand). Then after the amazing concert (at which I felt old and short) we headed out to see local talent. My friend Dave's band was playing so we dropped in to see him.

Sunday I had major obligations at church--but we managed to sneak in dinner and a movie.
Not bad, actually it was an amazing weekend. And I got to sleep on the waterbed. Have I mentioned how much I adore the waterbed? It is heated. *sigh*

My second interview is tomorrow. I'm as ready as I am going to be. I have to print some documents and bring them as evidence of what kind of work I do. I think that I am going to nail this again. I want this job more than ever. So, we'll see if they want me. Hopefully it is a go.

Now, I am calling it quits here at the office. I can work from home now, yes, I have internet at home. Mike bought me an adapter thingy for my computer so I can steal the signal from the other wireless networks in the neighborhood. Cool. I am slowly becoming connected to the modern world: an ipod, xm radio, and internet. The trifecta of technology!

More Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home