Who links to me?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

*Sigh*

My family.

What can I say.
We're a complicated bunch.
That much has never been disputed,
however, we always had a sense of
loyalty/unity (or more/or/less).

Lately I wonder what the future looks like.

My dad has developed a relationship
with his kids that seems to shut my siblings out.
(Or DOES shut us out).

I ran into my dad, his girlfriend, my brother, his wife,
and my youngest sister having dinner on Sunday night.
For my sister's birthday. That I had tried to organize a dinner for-
that very same night. But they were busy(?)--so they went out
to their own dinner. And then I ran into them. Essentially busting
my father.

Today there has been a major email chain-everyone fighting and weighing in.
Kennan launched an honest email.
So did I.
Both of my sister's emailed back.
I am not sure who is speaking to who anymore.

Frankly, I care, but if this is the way it is going to go,
well--I would rather just know now so I can not get drawn into
some long fight.

Just tell me.
Are we going to be one family?
Or going back to being two families?
Just wondering?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenica said...

That blows.

Here's my hope for you: That those of you who want to have relationships with each other figure out how to do that, and that protectionism and defensiveness don't defeat your honest efforts to build something out of the divorce.

GOOD LUCK! And I wish I could help.

1:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home