Who links to me?

Monday, January 30, 2006

Another Monday.

I'm sitting in my "work cafe". Drinking tea, working on several proposals. One involves the current job--one involves the "hopefully" job. I heard over the weekend that I am a severe underdog, so no champagne popping yet. I have decided that I like the underdog position-it gives me license to go in and impress the hell out of them. So I will. On Friday afternoon.

Weekend was fun--including football (I'm not sore today! Minor victory)-two dinners out with other couples (Matt and Shannon on Friday and Paul and Cori on Saturday)--a b-day party/benefit at a loud, smokey bar-shopping on Sunday and dinner with the small people on Sunday night. I think the total caloric intake from said weekend must be about 10,000. Too much food.

Tonight is community dinner night--meaning I cook for a bunch of people and we sit around trying to pretend that there is some work agenda going on. Mostly just "church politics," food and red wine.

And, on a business note, I had a meeting with Mike's recommended realator--things were good. House will officially go back on the market in the next two weeks. Assuming that I can get my act together and finish all the minor projects. I called a company for an estimate to refinish the hardwood on the staircase--and picked out paint for the basement. Should be fun. And I will walk with a lovely chunk of money and the ability to save money every month. It feels good to actually have a plan for how to move forward. It will nice to have a savings account with a balance. Imagine that!

Back to proposals.
Yippiee.

(oh, and on a side note--Mike and the girls and I went to Sharper Image yesterday to investigate robots. I think we will be investing in a fleet of robots in the near future. A family of fighting robots. How cool is that?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home