Who links to me?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The beach was fun....

I never did write about my Virginia Beach trip.
Despite working insane hours and having meetings from 7am until late in the evening, I managed to have a blast.

We stayed on the ocean in a lovely hotel and my room had a balcony that overlooked the water.
The weather was a comfortable 60 degrees and lovely.
My fun colleagues and I found the most amazing bar ever...
-situated outside on the beach.
-huge fire-pits surrounded by a concrete "bar" (Imagine a round table made out of concrete with a giant fire in the middle).
-Great music.

We ended up there both nights we were in town.

The last night is where things got interesting...or, should I say they ALWAYS get interesting on the last night.
And I admit, that I play a kind-of-instigator role in all of this...
We had our normal midnight skinny dip in the ocean--which was fantastic. Full moon. (and full moons).
Then we sat and warmed up again in front of the fire. There were about 25 of us that stayed out all night.
We had an altercation which involved the bartender calling the police because we wouldn't leave. What can I say, you don't get 26 organizers to do anything by yelling at us (and we were clearly had 10 more minutes before the bar actually closed). The police never actually showed up, and after 20 minutes of our "sit-in-protest" we decided to walk down the main drag (Atlantic Avenue) back home.

That's when we found a shopping cart.
Woohoo...let the fun begin.

We all took turns in the shopping cart, being hurled down the middle of the street in the middle of the night. It was oe of the most liberating things that I have ever done. And, you have to remember that I am one of the youngest organizers...we had people up to age 55 riding in the shopping cart. It was amazing.

And provided for interesting breakfast gossip the next morning.
But, hey, we did not get arrested.
That is something of an accomplishment.

I do work with some of the best people ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home