Who links to me?

Friday, January 13, 2006

Another Goodbye.

It has been another tragic week for my family.
Monday night my aunt and uncle were driving home from my cousin's soccer game and were hit by a driver who ran a stop sign. My aunt was killed instantly. My uncle was airlifted into sugery and was operated on. He suffered a punctured lung, broken ribs and bones, lacerated liver, torn diaphram. Maybe more that I don't even know about yet. They have two boys--one is a senior in high school and will be graduating as the valedictorian. The other is 20 and sophomore in college. My aunt, Jody was a high school librarian. They live near us in a Milwaukee suburb. Jody and my uncle Steve dated since they were 16. I was the flowergirl in their wedding when I was 6. And now she is gone forever and he is suffering. She was 47. They had just celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary. They were a wonderful couple, she was the model mother. And my boy cousins will have to face a life without her. My uncle will face living alone. And our family will lose a woman that was so much a presence in our lives. It sucks. Death, especially tragic unexplicable death, hurts more than I am able to express. I don't even want to let it in yet. But I have to.

I am on my way to the hospital.
To join the family that has come to rely on each other.
My mom's amazing family of 10 siblings, spouses and 36 cousins.
I will try and offer whatever I can and try not to break donwn too much.
*Sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger 'PeachBelle' said...

The saddest word we will ever know ... will always be GoodBye.

The hardest lesson we will ever learn is ... to Let Go.

The best thing we can do is ... Love Them Enough To Let Them Go.

My heartfelt condolences at this tragic time in your life.
Peace & Love,
PeachBelle

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Jenica said...

Oh, honey, I am so, so sorry.

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home