Who links to me?

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Texas

I am sitting in a Barnes and Noble in downtown Ft. Worth.

It is 80 degrees, clear and sunny. Absolutely stunning. I am hot. I AM HOT.
This after leaving the freezing midwest during a snowstorm. I tell you it feels wonderful to be hot.

I was greeted by one of the national staff people, "AHHH, the Organiziner has arrived."
And I know more people here than I thought--I think the next three days will be very productive and fun.

Tonight we are all (I think 25??) going out to dinner at this fabulous Mexican joint called Joey T's. I was at this restaurant a year ago---BEST margaritas ever and walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel we are staying at is the hotel that JFK and Jackie O. stayed the night before he was killed. He addressed the crowd from the ballroom (where we're holding meetings) and left from the front steps. Interesting historical fact.

The leaves on the trees are green. The pansies are blooming. And every third vehicle that drives by is a pcik-up truck. The accent still surprises me. And the $4.00 bowl of soup I ordered for lunch was as big as my head. I'm not kidding, I couldn't finish it. I think I made it through half.

I've been up since 4am--and really tired. Am going to go look for an outdoor lounge chair to nap in. Am waiting to call Mike, but worried that he is ok after having two teeth pulled this morning. Sweeting, I hope you're ok. And that you didn't go to work.

Now, time to logoff. Time to sleep.
More from the home sunshine later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home