Who links to me?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Something about me...

...I cry easily.

Not generally in the "you hurt my feelings way" (although I can/have done that too). But in the sappy, sentimental, emotional way.

I just sat and watched two interview clips with Dana Reeves and bawled. I remember watching Superman's funeral and sobbing. And I am so saddened that she too has died.

Why? I didn't know them. I never really followed much of his battle with living paralysed or even knew that she had lung cancer. Yet. I sat and cried tonight thinking about their little 13 year old's fractured life, the anger I feel about the injustice of any kid loosing both parents, and the fact (again) that try as we might, we still cannot control life and death.

She said in one of her last interviews when asked about all her donated time and efforts to raise money/awareness for her causes, "Well, I have been blessed by many things in life, and I just feel that is the rent you pay to live here on earth."

And once again, I am crying.

(Don't ask me how many times I cried during the new Disney movie Eight Below (the one about the dogs) 'cause it definatly hit double digits!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home