Who links to me?

Thursday, March 23, 2006

And then it hit me.

I am not a gamaliel*organizer anymore. Really.

I was sitting at my new desk working on a new project and it hit me.
This is the new me. This is my new idenity. I am no longer a church organizer. After next week I will no longer have meetingts with "my" people. I will have meetings with new people.

It's exciting. But terrifying. I knew that this was going to be different, difficult, challenging. And I am up for all of it. Really I am. I am psyched and thrilled.

But I have to admit I feel very unfamiliar. I am in a new environment where I have more questions than answers. I have never really made a career change before. My entire professional career has been as an orgnizer. And now I'm not one anymore.

I am an Executive Director. And have to go find new "my people." I want this. I do. But I had no idea how odd it would feel to not be Kristen-the-organizer. It's like I feel a bit lost. A little off.

I'm even a tiny bit sad that I am closing a chapter of my life that I have enjoyed so much...a place where I have grown into a whole new person...a place that has pushed me in a way that I have never been pushed before. I'm not going to cry or anything. Just try and take it all in. In a month or so I will definitely (thxs M) be Kristen-the ED. And I'm gonna love it.

I'm just a little surprised that this transition is more emotionally charged then I thought.
Imgine that. I might be a girl after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home