Who links to me?

Friday, March 24, 2006

Strong Coffee and Weekend Ahead

I just took a 3 minute walk to the coffee house wher I can grab strong coffee and pumpkin bread with cream-cheese baked right in the middle. (Thankfull they were out of bread today, which is a good thing...I have already had two slices this week).

I spent the day reviewing the strategic plan again and again. There are better ways to do all of it, I am sure. But where to start and which battles to pick first seem like the most important questions. Yet everything feels like a priority! But the two areas where I have to raise money make it easy to say, ahem, we need to raise $75k for candidates and another $50k for the administration (me). So. Let's get some money shall we?

I am having lunch on Tuesday with important people. People that I am sure will make me a bit nervous to meet. Such as the Lt. Governor. And a former governor's daughter. No pressure. Just be brilliant and engaging and make them want to invest in the organizaiton. Actually we're going to hit up a Rotary club meeting. I never thought that I would want to spend my time going to Rotary club meetings, but here I am eager as ever to go!

In less than work related news:
-had a showing last night at the house, feedback was good...and their house has already sold. Which is awesome.
-another showing today; no feedback yet
-open house on Sunday. Yeah.
(I think its very exciting that the house stuff is all forging ahead. I don't want to get to giddy about the action this week, but it is a good sign. Some action is always better than no action).
-I have my last big event with the old job tomorrow morning, a prayer brunch for about 200+ people. I'm happy that it will be over. My anxiety kicks in right before events causing me not to get much sleep, so I am sure I'll just be up all night over-thinking a million details. And I still have details that I need to get done. And yet. I am still at my desk blogging. Shame on me.
-I am meeting the entirity of Mike's family this weekend. I'm nervous-they know that-and I am hoping that I don't make a complete idiot out of myself. But since they all know me through my blog they at least have some idea of who I am. Scarry I know.
-My mom has an offer on her house. She is going to buy a condo that Mike and I found in the Falls so that she moves away from the Northshore (hooray) and west. If anyone ever predicted to me that I would be cheering the day my mother was moving closer to me I would have told them they were crazy. And yet, the day has arrived. I'm getting old I swear it!

That's about everything. I just looked up and noticed that I need wall art and bookshelves. This office is naked. When my two boquets of flowers die off early next week it will really be white in here. So. Add that to my list. Should buy new flowers--at least get some tulips. Pretend that it is spring or something....

Ok, back to reading files from the growing list of women that we're supporting for the election. I have to make sure that I know who it is we're endorsing afterall. It would be really embarrasing if someone asked and I didn't know! :)

Happy weekend everyone. Some of you I'll see Sunday. Please be gentle. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home