Who links to me?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Don't burn that bridge!

Many of you know that I have a temper. And can get irritated and pissed off with people easily. And I work in a hightly political environment and have for 6 years. There have been times where I have told people to "go to hell" becasue I didn't like their prinicpals. I have not always taken the poltically correct way of life. I tell it like it is and that is pretty much it.

However, today I realized that there is a man that I am soooooo happy I have stayed in good favor with, despite our spats and disagreements. He now is in charge of major political money and has all the right relationships...he is committed to helping my oganization grow and get $$$$ from big donors. I saw him today--we did the big hug/big kiss/let's do lunch thing. This is a man that said not nice things about me when I first ran for school board, he was wrong...and we have developed an interesting realtionship over the years.

And today I realized that it is my job now to kiss ass. Which I am totally fine with. I am now squarely in the political arena. There is no taking the "moral" stance of blatant truth telling. Now, it is about building relationships and making them love me and my organization.

I so love this job and am so good at it. :)
I should have been in this political world along time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home