Who links to me?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Big Life Update

I haven't written in awhile. I've ranted, sure. But not done any updating to this thing.

Life is hectic. What can I say, that about sums it up. I am trying really hard not to stress out and freak out, mostly succeeding, but there are moments when I am ready to drive to the airport and buy a ticket to anywhere. For those of you who are new to my life, this is a recurring fantasy. And once when I lived in Rockford, IL I actually drove to O'Hare. Once I flew to Texas without any luggage to visit a friend because I was too stressed out. Yup. Drove to the airport, bought a ticket and left. I had just finished a meeting and was in a business suit and left. Bought clothes at Target when I arrived. So. This is sort of real. But, happy to report that I haven't had even gotten in the car to drive anywhere near the airport. Yeah.

Work is hard. I am overwhelmed and not sure if I am doing a good enough job. I have so much to do, so little time, and it seems like lots of advice. Which mostly just frustrates me. I am trying to remember the first year of organizing where I wanted to quit EVERY day, but hung in there and became good. That is what I keep thinking here. Just struggle through all this stuff and you'll be fine. I do miss the people that I came in contact with in the old job. Here I sit at my desk and work on documents and stuff, but rarely interact with people in the way that I used to. The upside of this is that I get to go home at 5:45 every day. I have a life that is defined more by my loved ones, my friends, my sports, and the large group that I call my family. I knew that one of the reasons I took this job was so that I could have a life with my kids and with Mike. So I wouldn't have to miss out on the fun things that he has gotten me involved with (like the two softball teams and two volleyball teams). I don't miss the demands of my old job. But sometimes I miss what I got to do every day.

House situation still is a big fat mystery. We found another one that we love. I saw it last Friday and Mike and the girls and I went back last night. It has 5 bedrooms. A kitchen that has been refinished and is gorgeous. A cute yard. A real fireplace. And it is a wonderful price. We're making an offer tonight. And still hoping that one of the two houses we currently own will soon disappear. Wouldn't that be nice???

Spent the weekend hanging out with Mike's family. Monday of last week I had golfed with his brother-in-law and then had lunch with his sister, his brother and brother's wife (hi everybody). After lunch they gave me a tour of where they all work (they write, produce and edit music) and I was introduced as the "future-sister-in-law....(long pause) maybe." I liked it. I am happy that they approve of me as a suitable future wife for their brother. Or they act well. Friday night the 6 of us had dinner at a lovely Italian place, then went to Tom and Lynn's boat (brother and sister-in-law) which was awesome. I think we should all have boats, don't you? A fleet. That would be so cool. Afterwards we had dessert and coffee at a swanky place and left feeling stuffed. I had a blast, laughed my ass off. Like I said, I like these people. A lot. And Grace and Margaret really like the two nephews who are 11 and 6. They make a cute little herd of children.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Yahoo. Had breakfast and basement cleaning chez my mother. And lunched with Mike's family at Julie and Todd's house (sister and bro-in-law). We got into an interesting conversation about getting married that ended up with Mike and I agreeing to go to church with his parents on Sunday and talk to the priest to see if there is any way that someone could do something to get us married in, on, around or near a Catholic church. If you're not Catholic, you need to know that no priest would ever marry me in a Catholic church unless I get an annulment. Which is an investigation into my first marriage to see if it was in fact, flawed from day one. And since there was a kid. It was flawed. This lovely investigation takes 18 months to 2 years and costs between $500 and $1,000. I'm not real keen on the whole process. But. I know that it is important to Mike's parents, so I am willing to be open to seeing if there is anyway we could do this wedding thing in a church. But. There is no way in hell we're waiting 2 years to get married. Not when we'll be living in a house together in several months.

And, for those of you keeping score, no we are not officially engaged yet. Stop asking, we'll tell you when it happens. Or, it might never happen. We might just get married. Wouldn't that be something.

Ok, back to looking at budget numbers and trying to figure somethings out. Hoping that by the end of the day I'll know more about life. But, if not I will wait. This house thing is testing my patience for sure. You'll get updated when I have something interesting to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home