Who links to me?

Friday, May 05, 2006

Reunion

My friend Sara left today after spending 2 days at my house.
It is good to see people who you miss.

Sara and I met in college, she's the only remaining college friend. We lived in the same dorm, stayed on the same floor and always wondered why weren't roommates. We should have been. We each had a psycho roomie that we bitched to each other about. We both smoked and loved beer and would drink Boone's Farm straight from the bottle.

She was the first person I knew that ever did online chatting which led to her flying to New Mexico to meet some guy. I remember that she borrowed my pink silk pajamas for the trip and even though we were still virgins we talked about sex a lot. While she was away I paniced that she was going to be abducted and killed and raped and that I would never see her again. But she came back. The scandal was that the guy she met was married and his wife was pregnant and he was in his 30's. We all thought 30 was OLD. But she came back in one piece, didn't have sex with this guy and we still laugh about how stupid freshmen in college can be.

She stood up in my wedding. Came to Grace's first birthday party. We saw each other infrequently over the years, but the bond remains.

Sara got married two years ago and is now expecting her first. A daughter named Nora will be born in mid-July. I held my hand on her stomache and felt little Nora kick like crazy. Pretty amazing. We stayed up late. I drank too much wine. And we laughed a lot. I will go see her again this summer if it kills me...she only is 2 hours away.

Friendship is wonderful. Sara is officially my friend that I have had the longest. 12 years.
Pretty cool. Considering I am not the friend-making type.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home