Who links to me?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Superman Who?

I'm recovering from staying up way past my bedtime.
Last night was the night that we went to see Superman. Me, my brother John, the girls, Mike and our friends Gary and Sandy. The only person who didn't actually SEE the movie was me. Sure, I was there. But about 30 minutes into the show I conked out. Mike makes a very good pillow and I slept until the last 30 minutes. What I can tell you is that the movie has a great beginning and wonderful end. The rest, well, they tell me it was great. I guess we'll have to go back this weekend and see it again.

I suppose I am tired. Maybe I amtrying to pack to much into my life? Who me? Nahhhhh.

Work is busy. Very busy. I have finally started to fell like things are gelling and I know what to do every day and how to make it happen. I knew that as soon as I reached this point I would be in up to my eyeballs. And I am. It is good, really. I thrive in this environment. I thrive with deadlines and goals that are almost impossible and I love feeling the pressure of having things depend on me. BUT. I know that the job, plus the house situation and planning a wedding does create some stress. Not that the wedding is stressful, actually so far it has been a breeze. But the house selling stuff sucks, there is no way out of that at all. SUCKS.

Tonight we are meeting with our realtor again to re-evaluate the market. Which I think is code for "lower your price." I am generally opposed to settling for less money at the moment (even though it will still be a profit) BUT I want to get on with my life, our lives. We drive by our beautiful new house (that isn't technically ours yet) and sigh. We want to move in, start making that house our new home. BUT, again, we're being held hostage a market that is flooded with overpriced property and a lack of buyers. Today there is a painter working on the exteriorer of my house and I hope that makes an impact. What do you do? Do you lower the price hoping that it will create an incentive for someone to purchase or do you hold out for the buyer that will pay what you want. So far, I have lowered the price once and that did NOTHING to attract new buyers. I'm frustrated and wondering if Mike and I will ever live together. Is that too much to ask? That we sell our houses before we are married? Please?

The good news is that I haven't had migraines and have avoided emotional eating and binging to destress. Good for me. I could have easily gained ten pounds, maybe twenty since embarking on this real estate venture. But I haven't. I haven't started smoking again either. That is pretty cool. Although I have my moments when all I want to do is drive into the gas station and buy a pack of ho-hos and a snickers and a milky way dark and eat them all in three minutes. It used to be something of a regular habit. The chocolte tri, plus a pack of cigarettes and a diet coke. (Love that, DIET coke). Heh. I am definitely a healthier me these days. Sports help. And so does having someone who listens and supports you day to day. It is easier to avoid the binges and the smoking cause I have Mike, someone that helps me want to avoid the unhealty me. For the first time I think that the dieting isn't about the weight. It is about wanting to feel good.

And, speaking of feeling good, I finally had a hit on Tuesday night's softball league. And it was a GOOD hit! I hit the ball hard and it went down the left hand line past the infield. Yeah me. I have been struggling so much to hit the ball on Tuesday night that it has had me so frustrated, but last night broke the cure. Mind you we still lost...but I wasn't as annoyed leaving as I normally am.

That's it! And, it is a holiday weekend! Woohoo. I am taking Monday off, so I have 5 days to play. Summerfest starts tomorrow...we're going on Sunday night to see Nine Inch Nails which I am very excited about. And the best part is that I can just sleep in on Monday. I love holidays. And fireworks. So, this 4th of July thing works out well for me.

Happy 4th everyone. Go be independent. Make your own fireworks. And be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home