Who links to me?

Monday, December 19, 2005

The weekend update...

What do you do on the first weekend that you have spent at home since the beginning of December, the bussiest month of the year?

Most sane people would dive right into all of their Christmas errunds-shopping-wrapping-cookie decorating-Chirstmas tree buying. Nope not me. I decided to do noe of the above and live in the world of continual illusion that Christmas is in fact not coming this year. Or, can I file for an extension? Please? The IRS lets me.


Instead of a Christmas weekend I had a marathon-of-fun weekend.

Friday night the girls were in charge of the agenda. They could do whatever they wanted. The only stipulation that they had was they had from 6pm until midnight to plan their activities. So-we did (in this order) a movie (Chronicles of Narnia), dinner (Applebee's) and midnight-lazer-light-show bowling. Lucy of course came along, as no evening of fun planned by my small ones would ever be complete without her! And Mike decided to brave the night with four girls and he survived, even though Grace beat him in one of our many bowling games. By the end of the night all five of us were sufficently exhausted.

Did we sleep in Saturday? Nope.

The girls packed up their sleds and I dressed for football in the snow. We met Mike at the park and everyone played. Adults played football--struggling to stay on their feet. And a certain someone was tackeled by another certain someone, but to protect his image we won't say his name. It would be embarrassing to be schooled by girls in both football and bowling in the same weekend. :)

After the park a group of us headed to lunch to refuel and thaw.
After the meal I returned the girls to their father.

Then Mike and I went to see King Kong--awesome but long. My restlessness was hard to contain, but the length was appropriate to the film. After the movie we went out for pizza-then to see his brother and his band play a hick bar. We ended the night well after midnight.

And Sunday was spent running out for breakfast before the noon start of the football games. Followed by half the day watching football. Me losing a bet on the Colts. And then me heading out to a family Christmas party that deserves its own blog post. :)

I was in bed by 8pm Sunday.

And now it is Monday. And I am no closer to having any of my Christmas agenda completed.
But I had a helluv a weekend.
Sometimes it is just to play.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenica said...

The man makes sense. That Gracie, she's a killer. ;)

Sounds like a great weekend!

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home