Who links to me?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sunday Plans

I'm on my way home tomorrow morning. Taking the bus downtown, switching onto a new connection. Then heading to the airport.

Unfortunately I will spend the entire day on an airplane. Sadly I will miss the two early football games. The Colts are playing Jacksonville--which should be a good game. Hopefully I'll catch a few moments on my layover. And, I am happy that the Packers are playing the night game. Against the Lions. I think we have a win coming on.

Today I went to REI with my sister. It was a hundred stories tall and I could have spent $5000 in 15 minutes. I stood drooling in front of the kayaks. Regretting the moment that I decided that I shouldn't purchase one. (It was in fact the practical decision, but not the fun one). I oogled skiis and fancy sleds and beautiful outerwear. I have never felt such a desire to consume in my life. I wanted it ALL. A new tent, a new outdoor grill, new snowshoes, new and shiny and expensive...but promising a whole world of outdoor excitment. It was a moment that I was greatful that I do not have a credit card. No ability to indulge in fiscal irresponsibility. Just the ability to imagine....

I met more of my sister's friends this evening. I feel great knowing that she is surrounded by people that love her and will care for her, entertain her and cart her around next week. It was great to be able to thank them for what they do and for the ease that they put my mind at. I realize I am sounding very "motherly" but I am the older sister and there is little that I can do once I board that plae for Wisconsin. I trust she will do just fine.

Now, to watch Finding Neverland. Then to bed. And then home.
More from the firgid Midwest.

And: thxs MC for shoveling. You rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home