Who links to me?

Friday, December 09, 2005

Seattle, Washington

I am writing this from my sister, Karlyn's living room couch. The couch is positioned in front of a large bay window that is overlooking the Sound. The yachts decorate the harbor with color and today the air is crisp and the sun bright. It is December and 50 and sunny. Life here is wonderful.

I am here in care-giver mode. Karlyn tore her ACL playing flag football and just had surgery to repair the damage. She is currently passed out opposite me in a drug induced nap. Gulping down percocete and oxycointin in one dose tends to knock her on her ass. It is preferable that she medicate and sleep. It is my job to ensure that she follows orders, has someone to talk with, and someone to cook meals, schlep her tea and help her take showers. I also love that it is peaceful and quiet here. I see the water. I do some work. I play on the interenet.

I have made space for thinking. I have made some space for resting. And I feel wonderful.


I heard that it is cold in Milwaukee. I know that it has snowed since I was home last. I know that my driveway will need attention upon my midwest arrival. But today I don't care.

I have the picture window. And my sister. And plenty of Seattle's best dark roast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home