Who links to me?

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post-Holiday Wrap

Today is Tuesday, I think.
No, it really is.

I am still a bit fuzzy on what day of the week it is, what time it is, what I actually HAVE to do this week. I did do some work today, but really it wasn't very much. My boss is on a cruise. I feel like NOT working and enjoying my children who are on vacation.

Christmas was fine this year. Or, I should say it was good. I am still in denial that it is actually over. It doesn't seem right. At this very moment I am sorta tired and a wee bit cranky (for no real reason) so my perspective is a bit skewed.

Friday night Mike came over for dinner. I had lost a bet so HAD to make him the dinner of his choice. He picked-orange Pilsbury cinnamon rolls, bacon and sausage, blueberry pancakes and a ham/cheese/onion/bacon omelet. And pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. He also brought presents--a Harry Potter encyclopedia book for Grace, a noisy remote car for Margo, and an ornament of Mickey and Miney watching tv with popcorn. I gave him his stocking, which I made. Really. It was a great night.

Saturday, Chirstmas Eve: we played footlball. I had three touchdowns (woo!) and threw two interceptions (boo!). Then to my mom's house--where we had the traditional big feast and celebration. This year mom added cosmos. Katie got the drunkest--she was hillarious.
Grace and Margaret got more presents than any two children should EVER receive. Including a dvd player for the car--yeah, road trips! And I got a $100 gift card to Barnes and Nobel! Kennan dumped the entire platter of stuffed tenderloin and doublebaked potatoes on the floor (by accident) which was a funny moment, and I very proud of myself, did not yell. And I made my mother NOT look. She would have yelled. It was a nice evening. Preston was fabulous and I played with him and watched movies with him...and he said, "I love you auntie Kristen" and kissed me. It was precious!

Christmas Day was spent with my dad. Breakfast in Cedarburg (odd to go out for breakfast on Christmas). Gifts and mimosas at Katie's house. Movie in Saukville. We saw The Family Stone, which was almost exactly like watching my crazy family. It was touching and I cried, a lot. Then I went to Mike's house where he had a fire going and his living room decorated with lights. He even decorated his "fake tree" which is not a Chirstmas tree, but rather a big, fake plant. We opened presents--I got xm radio! Which is so incredibly cool. And the most thoughtful present, a Martin Luther King Jr dvd of the "I have a dream" speech. Have I mentioned that he is fabulous?

Since then I've done a lot of nothing. I haven't cleaned my house. I haven't done any laundry. I haven't put the Christmas presents away. Nada. I did take a fabulous nap yesterday. And I did listen to my new Beastie Boys cd. And I did cook beef and broccoli for Grace and Margaret for lunch.

And now the cafe is closing.
So, more later.
Happy winter vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home