Who links to me?

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I'm going to be a criminal.

Today at 1pm CST I have a court appearance to (I think) enter a plea in a criminal charge. I am being charged by the state of Wisconsin (your tax dollars at work) for filing a false campaing finance report under $100. It is a class U Misdemenor and the maximum penalty that I can get it $1,000 fine and /or up to 6 months in jail. Which I am assuming won't happen, but putting me in jail would definitely not be a cool thing at all.

So, am I guilty? I guess I am. I did file an incorrect campaign report; it wasn't my intent to be deciectful or break the law. Let me also say that these errurs were made in relation to a campaing for school board that I lost in 2001. So, not exactly recent. I made errors and I guess that now makes me a criminal. I have to admit that I am a tad nervous about this afternoon. I have to go before a judge and plead "no contest" and then who knows? Will they set bail for my release? Will they fingerprint me take a mug shot (I'm wearing a lovely suit and good jewelry)? I really don't know what to expect. I just want to get on with it and figure out what my punishment is.

So, I will keep everyone posted.

On another, happier note, Mike and I are looking at yet another house tonight. We have been stalking it for several weeks and really like it. It is very similar to the last house that we just let the offer expire on, it is another 5 bedoroom house. This one is brick and white aluminum, it has a lovely open kitchen/dining room/with sunken family room. It also has a finished basement and master suite with vaulted ceilings, walk-in closets and a private bathroom. The price is significantly lower than the last house and the yard is ten times nicer. We'll see. I am betting that we make another contingent offer--but who knows, maybe we'll just try and wait to see if we can sell one of our houses.

As for weekend plans I am looking forward to my first fantasty football draft on Friday night. Saturday we have football practice-Sunday we may golf and Monday is family b-day lunch at Mike's parents. We may try and sneak in a night with Dennis Miller who is coming on Saturday, but we haven't purchased tickets yet, so who knows.

Hopefully I won't be in jail this weekend! :-)
I'm kidding, I really can't imagine that I would go to jail-legislators who had multiple felonies with elction fraud didn't go to jail. Why would thy want me?

Back to work. Happy Labor Day weekend everyone.

On

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenica said...

Oh Holy Hell, does it NEVER END?

I love you. Whatever else happens, know that... and maybe your house will sell tomorrow. It must be time for some good news.

Though, I do like the idea of a criminal being witness to my marriage and signing the form. :)

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

I just had my first appearance today where the judge read me my rights and told me to come back on September 19th for a pre-trial conference. But I was in the court with a bunch of real criminals, some in orange jumpsuits, some charged with major drug offenses, etc. Me, plaid suit and no bail. She let me go on my word. All the other people were in awe. Another funny story in my fabulousl complicated life. Yes, me a criminal. At least I will be at the wedding without having to post bail or escape from a prison cell. Heh.

8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home